Barack Obama's 32 Month Report Card by Rich Carroll
Two Sisters From The Right once again welcome author and commentator Rich Carroll to our website. A Vietnam veteran, Mr. Carroll is the author of "Orphaned Heroes," a novel about his experiences in Vietnam, and "Terrorists' Crossing," a novel about terrorism across our southern border. He is also the author of numerous articles on Islam in America and abroad. We are grateful for his contributions to our blog. Mr. Carroll can be reached via commentary on Two Sisters or by writing to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Barack Obama's 32 Month Report Card
by Rich Carroll
Copy this article. You will need researched material to mail your liberal friends and/or relatives.
Mr. Hope and Change wants to create a nation humbled; humiliated, casting-aside capitalism and individual freedoms for one where “we the people” are government controlled. This would be a system that genuflects mediocrity, steals personal aspiration and opportunity, and punishes those who strive to succeed.
A gallon of regular gasoline the day Obama was inaugurated was $1.79 on average in the U.S. Today that price is $3.59, a 100.6% increase. The number of food stamp recipients has risen since Obama took office from 31,983,716 to 43,200,878, a 35.1% jump. Long term unemployment soared 146.2% during the same 32 month period from 2,600,000 to 6,400,000. Staggering “hope and change” isn't it?
American citizens living in poverty have risen 9.5% from 39,800,000 to 43,600,000, and the number of unemployed has jumped almost 25% from 11,616,000 to 14,485,000 as of August 31, 2011. The number of unemployed blacks has risen from 12.6% at the end of George Bush's ter to 15.8% today, a 25.4% increase, and finally, our national debt is up 34.4% from 10.627 trillion to 14,278 trillion *
Keep these figures in mind as we recount the number of “firsts” for this presidency:
· First President to refuse to show a valid birth certificate.
· First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
· First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
· First President to preside over a cut to the credit rating of the United States.
· First President to violate the War Powers Act.
· First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
· First President to defy a Federal Judges court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
· First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
· First President to spend a trillion dollars on shovel-ready jobs and later admit there was no such thing as shovel-ready jobs.
· First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
· First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
· First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
· First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
· First President to terminate Americas ability to put a man in space.
· First President to encourage racial discrimination and intimidation at polling places.
· First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
· First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
· First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly speak-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
· First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state they are allowed to locate a factory.
· First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (Az, WI, OH, IN)
· First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
· First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
· First President to appoint 45 Czars to replace elected officials in his office.
· First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office.
· First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
· First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
· First President to publicly bow to Americas enemies while refusing to salute the U.S. Flag.
· First President to go on multiple global apology tours.
· First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends, paid for by the taxpayer.
· First President to refuse to wear the U.S. Flag lapel pin.
· First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
· First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000.00 a year at taxpayer expense.
· First President to repeat “the Holy Qur'an tells us,” and openly admit “the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.”
Remember that 32 months of Obama White House we the people have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our nation's entire history, as the Obama's plan their next extravagant vacation to the Indonesian Island nation of Bali.
Hope and change anyone?
* Sources: U.S. Energy Information Administration, Wall Street Journal, Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Dept of Labor, Standard & Poors/Case-Shiller, Federal Reserve, US Treasury, Heritage Foundation.
Copyright Rich Carroll-September 26, 2010