Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs

Today we mourn the death of Steve Jobs the co-founder of Apple, a company that inadvertently changed so many lives.  When I went to work at an elementary school in 1987, I had not really paid much attention to computers.  Until then a typewriter suited our purposes just fine.  Sister Two worked at home doing legal transcripts and her word processing typewriter was all she needed to succeed at her job. 

Our interest in computers did not peak until 1995.  My eldest daughter bought a Mac to aid in her  school work in graduate school.  She told me how much I would love to have one.  In 1996 I found that a Mac computer like those that were used in the school's computer lab were affordable, and  that there were great purchase plans for educators.  Apple computers, I was told were much more "user friendly" and therefore used in most schools. I was hooked!   It took a lot of talking on my part to convince my sister that a computer would be great for her work at home.  We both decided to order them at about the same time, but hers arrived first. 

When I went to visit her in Illinois, I had not yet received my computer, and was growing anxious.  The computer bug had bitten me at school and by then I was even producing the school's newsletter on a Mac.  When she took me to see her computer, her face lit up with joy and she extended her arms to point to the machine and said proudly, "M- Meet Mac!" 

When I arrived back home to Texas, my own Mac had arrived and so began our, dare I say, love affair with computers.  Although my daughter now works for another computer company, and I've owned  several computers and laptops throughout the ensuing years, I still have my original Macintosh Apple Computer, and dot matrix printer.  It might be obsolete, but it still works.  Recently I purchased an iPhone and I am enjoying learning how to use it as much as I did my precious "Mac." 

Steve Jobs was a brilliant pioneer in a field that would change all of our lives and the way that we communicate with one another forever.  In a statement today, an Apple, Inc. spokesperson said,  "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives." "The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

A genius like Steve Jobs comes along once a generation if we are fortunate.  He was ours. 

Thank you for making our world a better place.  Rest In Peace. 
Two Sisters From The Right



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 5, 2016 at 11:07 PM , Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160706
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
louboutin shoes
kevin durant shoes 7
lebron 11
nike sb shoes
jeremy scott shoes
abercrombie outlet
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin outlet
toms shoes outlet online
jordan retro 3
coach outlet store online
coach factory outlet
replica rolex watches
coach factory outlet
adidas ultra boost
jordan shoes
true religion outlet
toms shoes
air jordans
insanity workout
louis vuitton
nike air max 90
louis vuitton handbags
cheap oakley sunglasses
kate spade
tiffany outlet
jordan retro
christian louboutin outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach factory outlet
nike air max
nike roshe flyknit
nike blazers
beats by dr dre
fitflops shoes
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
toms shoes
as

 
At August 2, 2016 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160803
michael kors outlet
gucci belts
hermes birkin handbags
coach outlet canada
coach factory outlet online
true religion jeans
rolex watches
jordan 3 powder blue
ralph lauren home
louis vuitton handbags
oakley vault
michael kors outlet clearance
christian louboutin wedding shoes
tory burch boots
louis vuitton bags
louis vuitton purses
louboutin sale clearance
ray ban sunglasses uk
tory burch shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
kate spade outlet
adidas nmd
nfl jerseys
jordan concords
coach outlet online
christian louboutin sale
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet
christian louboutin shoes
louis vuitton outlet
ed hardy outlet
asics shoes for men
coach outlet
oakley outlet
louis vuitton handbags
air jordan femme
cartier watches outlet
supra footwear
louboutin femme

 
At March 19, 2017 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ed hardy uk
ferragamo shoes
replica watches
michael kors handbags wholesale
kobe 9
michael kors
fitflops
lions jerseys
bengals jersey
nike blazer

 
At May 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Netflixappforpc said...

This will certainly permit its individuals to sitew.in/ download and install and official source also set up the apps by hand on Download Tutu Helper Application on Android Mobile APK users Android smartdevices. To come back in this procedure, TuTu App you need to follow this last set of TutuHelper actions to end up the whole procedure.

 
At June 5, 2017 at 6:53 PM , Blogger adidas nmd said...

coach
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
los angeles clippers
air jordan 4
atlanta falcons jersey
ugg outlet
michael kors handbags outlet
ugg boots
jordan 4

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home