Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs

Today we mourn the death of Steve Jobs the co-founder of Apple, a company that inadvertently changed so many lives.  When I went to work at an elementary school in 1987, I had not really paid much attention to computers.  Until then a typewriter suited our purposes just fine.  Sister Two worked at home doing legal transcripts and her word processing typewriter was all she needed to succeed at her job. 

Our interest in computers did not peak until 1995.  My eldest daughter bought a Mac to aid in her  school work in graduate school.  She told me how much I would love to have one.  In 1996 I found that a Mac computer like those that were used in the school's computer lab were affordable, and  that there were great purchase plans for educators.  Apple computers, I was told were much more "user friendly" and therefore used in most schools. I was hooked!   It took a lot of talking on my part to convince my sister that a computer would be great for her work at home.  We both decided to order them at about the same time, but hers arrived first. 

When I went to visit her in Illinois, I had not yet received my computer, and was growing anxious.  The computer bug had bitten me at school and by then I was even producing the school's newsletter on a Mac.  When she took me to see her computer, her face lit up with joy and she extended her arms to point to the machine and said proudly, "M- Meet Mac!" 

When I arrived back home to Texas, my own Mac had arrived and so began our, dare I say, love affair with computers.  Although my daughter now works for another computer company, and I've owned  several computers and laptops throughout the ensuing years, I still have my original Macintosh Apple Computer, and dot matrix printer.  It might be obsolete, but it still works.  Recently I purchased an iPhone and I am enjoying learning how to use it as much as I did my precious "Mac." 

Steve Jobs was a brilliant pioneer in a field that would change all of our lives and the way that we communicate with one another forever.  In a statement today, an Apple, Inc. spokesperson said,  "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives." "The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

A genius like Steve Jobs comes along once a generation if we are fortunate.  He was ours. 

Thank you for making our world a better place.  Rest In Peace. 
Two Sisters From The Right



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM , Blogger ronaldphillips said...

This will certainly permit its individuals to sitew.in/ download and install and official source also set up the apps by hand on Download Tutu Helper Application on Android Mobile APK users Android smartdevices. To come back in this procedure, TuTu App you need to follow this last set of TutuHelper actions to end up the whole procedure.

 
At June 5, 2017 at 6:53 PM , Blogger adidas nmd said...

coach
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
los angeles clippers
air jordan 4
atlanta falcons jersey
ugg outlet
michael kors handbags outlet
ugg boots
jordan 4

 
At July 3, 2017 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you will discover some big distinctions right from the gate. Kodi Download App Because of that, we will show you where to official source find the important setups. This brand-new default skin for Krypton is called Estuary.Kodi Like Jarvis, Krypton defaults to full display mode. then we will certainly undergo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home